From 6-8 p.m. tonight, Tuesday, April 9, Shoreline Community College will host the first of two public meetings at its 9000 Building, Room 9208 to discuss a proposed addition of a 400-bed student housing project to the college Master Development Plan (MDP).
The MDP is currently under review with the City of Shoreline and the meetings tonight and on April 23 are part of the city’s required process. The April 23 meeting will also be from 6-8 p.m. in the same location. The MDP will define the future development plans for the college property for the next 10 years and address how the college will serve students and promote neighborhood compatibility.
At tonight’s meeting, college officials will:
- Give an overview of the review process before the City of Shoreline; including the MDP review schedule and State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) process.
- Describe the new projects that are anticipated to be developed in the next 10 years.
- Discuss how comments from the meeting will be used to inform the College’s decision-making process.
- Solicit comments from the public.
At the April 23 meeting, college officials will:
- Summarize the comments received at the first meeting.
- Respond to those comments received and describe the process moving forward in review of the MDP.
City staff members will be invited to attend and their contact information will be provided. The proceedings will be tape recorded for accuracy. The college’s response to public comments will be provided to city officials when the application is submitted.