Participants in Great Discussions 2014, a program of the Global Affairs Center at Shoreline Community College, discussed the issue of America’s energy independence at a May 1, 2014 event at the college.
The program is an eight-week series of discussions on issues of worldwide importance. The program is based on the very successful Great Decisions program sponsored by the Foreign Policy Association. The program model involves reading the Great Decisions Briefing Book, watching the DVD and meeting in a discussion group to discuss the most critical global issues facing America today.
- China’s Foreign Policy, April 10
- Turkey’s Challenges, April 17
- Islamic Awakening, April 24
- Energy Independence, May 1
- Food and Climate, May 8
- Israel and the U.S., May 15
- U.S. Trade Policy, May 22
- Defense Technologies, May 29
It is still possible to sign-up for the remaining individual events at $8 per event. To sign up:
- Go to the SCC Foundation online giving webpage.
- Under “Amount,” make a donation of $8
- Under “Gift Designated to” click on “event registration”
- In the box to the right of “specify event” type in “Great Discussion – (name of the specific event you want to attend”
To pay by check, make it payable to “SCC Foundation/GAC” and send it to SCC Foundation, 16101 Greenwood Ave. North, Shoreline, WA 98133. Please notify Larry Fuell (firstname.lastname@example.org), who will send a copy of the briefing paper for that particular event.