The Shoreline Community College Veterans Resource Center conducted a flag-raising ceremony Friday, May 23, 2014 as part of marking Memorial Day and honoring all men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces.
Participating in the ceremony were Aaron Weed playing The Star-Spangled Banner; on the euphonium, with Alex Houghton Richard Fly, Steve Marron, Kevin Jones and Matt Fieser raising first the U.S. flag, then the POW-MIA flag and finally the Washington flag.
The resource center is a nationally recognized program with a mission to support veterans and help them succeed as they transition to civilian life.
Among the services available at the center are:
- Use of the Veterans Resource Center facility
- Help determining tuition discount eligibility
- Connection with the campus community V.E.T.S. Club
- Help accessing and understanding GI Bill benefits
- Military transcript evaluation
- Veteran specific academic advising
- Access to on-site Vet Corps representative for assistance navigating the Shoreline system and off-campus resources
- Referrals for disability resources, mental health & wellness counseling, and community resources
- Academic Scholarships for Shoreline Student Veterans
More information is available by contacting:
- Missy Anderson
- Rosemary Whiteside